Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jagex could have ignored the petition


I finally understand now why you used the 200 million figure. Although I should add that, given that I didn't see the rationale for it back then, I don't think D4 did either.

Actually, as far as I know, the OSR vote wasn't due to sell runescape accounts the now defunct private server that was scrapped in January. It started with So Wreck3d, who started a petition to bring back pre-EoC servers (mainly for PKing) at the start of February and he gained support from a great deal of other YouTubers as well. I believe the petition on Change gathered well over 40,000 votes before the OSR vote was announced. And Jagex could have ignored the petition, were it not for the fact that they (correctly) predicted that OSRS would be a reliable revenue stream.

I'm not going to talk about the argument between you buy runescape accounts and D4 (if only because I don't understand a great deal of it), but as far as I can see, Jagex will only listen to us if 1) they were already looking for feedback in that area or 2) it is financially beneficial to them. Vocal minority doesn't matter.

As for MMG, I've only seen two reasons for the things he says. It's either to paint a rosy picture to outsiders, or make false promises to hoodwink the players into staying subscribed. Cannot stand his lies. Cannot sell rs accounts stand him.

As for your pure, good luck with that. As far as I can see, exp is being passed around like hotcakes to new players in the live game so it's no issue to level up.

Edit: mistakenly typed "again" instead of "back then"

No comments:

Post a Comment